05 August 2022

Financial Advice related to Financial Advisors. From yours truly!

“Reading articles on the internet (Yahoo Finance/Marketplace). I’ve lost 20%, or I’ve lost $70,000 in the market this year. Should I fire my financial advisor?”

No, you are a moron. It is better you are not managing your own money! If you knew the market is down 20% this year, you wouldn’t have asked the question. Everyone, ok almost everyone, is down about 20% this year. Most people know why and don’t blame their financial advisor! 

Keep your head in the sand, where it belongs!! (in response to your money in the market, especially money managed by someone else)!! Let your financial advisor do their job, assuming you did a good job of vetting them in the first place.

I’m down 20% too. The only difference is I don’t pay a fee to someone else to manage my money.

-GCNOF

No comments: