07 September 2008

Page 3

Hey, I made page 3 of my local paper. Because of privacy issues: if you are a real fan of the blog, and not just a relative or a friend of a relative, I can't tell you what paper or what my name is. but I'm sure you can figure it out. it's probably on this blog somewhere.

It's just in situations like this I know exactly what George would do. (He would probably never get into this situation in the first place.) basically I may or may not be a local hero, but I'm already regretting doing what I've done, and not just because my arms are covered in poison oak (that's the poison plant we have on the west coast for all you east coasters).

tangent, notice how I didn't call you the right coast... please do me the same favor. I am a conservative on this issue. I like north south east west. (besides do you always look at a map north pointing forward or up? ok, maybe you do. still) calling us the left coast won't make you cool or hip. it will just piss me off.

back to the problem. I've been called a local hero twice today. I'm already embarrassed about it, just having one neighbor, one swimming buddy and one friend call me up. it'd be so much cooler, if I did it anonymously. of course I did get a case of Sierra Nevada for my efforts, but I'll need to drink it up, just to forget about the itching oils all over my arms.

I'm just easily embarrassed. I lose on purpose, just so I don't have to deal with the embarrassment/attention of winning. Part of the reason might be I lost so much in youth soccer and baseball, that I got quite comfortable with not winning.


this is why I admire George Costanza so much. He rarely gets embarrassed. He would never get embarrassed for winning or doing something good. If I am drunk for the next few days, know that I am avoiding the attention and the poison oak.

-Over and Out from the west coast. maybe west is too close to best, is that you're problem?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Dude!!! Your actions were effective and awesome. You deserve to be proud! Drink that overrated beer in celebration, not embarrassment!