27 February 2008

Presidential Platform Continued


I recently have decided that I am going change things. I'm sick of waiting for girls to ask me out or of waiting to get my own reality dating show, so I am going to do them the favor of asking them out. And if they say they are 21, I know they are at least 18.

Ok. Back to my presidential platform. I believe I left out my economic and environmental platforms. The important stuff. I was probably procrastinating because I don't really have one. If I did, I would probably look into running for state governor. Maybe I would move to Nevada, or another smaller, relatively unpopulated state where it would be easier to become the governor. Because being governor is a much better experience on which to run for president than being a senator.

A common misconception some, complete morons, have is they think free markets always work. Secondly some even dumber than morons, think the U.S. economy is based simply on the free market. Free markets are great. they do work, when certain things are in place. All costs are accounted for...Free markets don't take into account environmental costs. With just a little adjusting, they could and can.

Another thing that helps free markets is when big corporations aren't subsidized and protective tariffs aren't enforced.

Come on. There is a reason this stuff isn't talked about. Here's what I would really say about my economic and environmental policy.

We need to start making the world a better place, for us, humans, plants and animals. So my presidential environmental economic platform, would be encourage science and business in this regard. Repairing the world. Making the world a cleaner, healthier place to live. Starting with a Americorps program and expanding... Economic incentives for green friendly businesses.

Trying to repair ecosystems, finding and using green technologies and more importantly exporting them around the world. Finding a way to keep our renewable resources renewable.

It's a good thing that people are doing so much. but I would treat this project as more like a war, as in we need to sacrifice to get this shit done.

Wish me luck! 2036 hear my roar!

1 comment:

El Capitan! said...

I could not agree more. Your economic critique is sound and your dating strategy is bold. Maybe if you throw your hat in the ring you will get one of those Youtube candidate-crush videos: "Jeff Girl".