10 January 2008

World War Z a Book Review


Let me start by saying this book is off the hook. "World War Z: an Oral History of the Zombie War" written by Max Brooks is one of the best books I have picked up in a while. Some of you may know his first book "Zombie Survival Guide" and are thinking, that does not give him much writing cred. But this book like his first is unconventional an entertaining. I can't put this book down, I just picked it up yesterday and already I have torn through the first 120 pages. The premise of the book if you cant tell by the title is about a global war with zombies. The book follows a reporter as he goes around the world interviewing people about their stories. Never is the focus on the interviewer. At each new destination a brief history of that counties modern issues is brought up and shows how different countries and cultures would deal with an apocalyptic crisis. The zombies could be exchanged with other disasters because the Mr Brooks uses the undead as a canvas to express human natures reactions to times of stress and disaster, need we remember how people started to behave in New Orleans, post Katrina. Mr Brooks presents this on a global scale. He leads us to the depths of evil that humans and governments are willing to perform in order to survive. I will give this a Rick James review. I wish I had two extra arms so I could give this book four thumbs up, Bitches. Needless to say my thoughts before sleep wandered into the realm of trying to figure out many zombies could the back gate of my apartment withstand. The answer, not enough.

No comments: