11 January 2008

Picks for Sunday's game


Before I go into my unpredictions for Sunday... I was driving through my old neighborhood and thinking about where I went wrong, no I was not lost, with my life.

I thought about how in the eighth grade, a large, overweight noncaucasian kept hitting me in the same spot on my left shoulder in Spanish class. I was afraid to hit back, besides thinking that my punches would be ineffective, because I knew the Spanish teacher would notice me, and then I thought about how the Spanish teacher had in for me. Ok, he might have been waiting for me to prove my manhood, or he didn't notice, even though it happened everyday, multiple times, or maybe he didn't want the class to focus on it and get distracted from the incredibly important Spanish lesson.

And then it hit me, he (the Spanish Teacher) did have it in for me. I realized where I went wrong. No, it was not in hitting back. It was in my decision to not take the 8th grade yearbook class.  I was going to be the only boy in the class. It was a select group. I chickened out. It would have changed my whole adolescence. That Spanish teacher was also the Year-Book teacher.

I would have been in a class with all girls. Probably would have speeded up my whole introduction to tasting a female's saliva by five or ten years. (Around this time: junior high, some older male, probably from my boy scout troop, spit in my mouth, forcing it open by pinching my nose. So I already knew what (other) male's saliva tasted like. )

Of course had I chosen Year Book, I wouldn't have the deer-shaped planter, the Regulator clock or the Jaguar inscripted mirror, which I made in shop. But who wouldn't salivate with opportunity to be the only boy in a class, and I would have gotten to taken pictures of all the hot girls at my school. Lafayette has some lookers, and my year was definitely a very high-quality year. I think the correct term is, it was a vintage year. 

Now on to my (un) picks of Sunday.

San Diego at INDY(-9)

Now on to my unpredictions: Colts will cream San Diego. The Colts hate being over looked. They lost to the Chargers earlier this year, when Peyton Manning threw SIX interceptions and Viniteria missed two Field Goals, including a game-winning FG from point blank range. The Chargers are missing one of their best players Antonio Gates. LT is good, but Indy will force SD to throw and I don't think Philip Rivers has it in him, at least not yet. If Philip Rivers, pulls out a great game, it will be close, but Indy will still win.

UNPREDICTION: INDY to cover (-9) Spread

NYGIANTS (+ 8) at Dallas

It's hard to beat a team three times in one season. Dallas won both regular season meetings. The reason Dallas won was among other things TO. With Terrell Owens in, Dallas is unbeatable by any NFC team, without TO, the Giants will give Dallas  a game. Jacobs has emerged as a power back. Dallas has a good ground game of its own, but their QB, Tony Romo, went to Mexico last weekend, with Jessica Simpson. He may be distracted.  He has yet to win a Playoff game in his brief career. I think this game will be close. If Eli Manning brings his A game, watch out. The other GIANT factor will be whether the Giant's pass rush can get to Romo, who is known for his elusability.

UNPREDICTION of the WEEK: NY GIANTS to cover spread (+8).

A possible upset, if you have a little extra dough to gamble. This is probably the only game this week, to take the odds and pick the underdog to win straight up.

No comments: