05 March 2007

When Things Come out the wrong End-Supplemental Material


Ok, I, GCNOF, am having a problem. I am writing about my vomit history, because in my past all of my vomits are memorable (to me), and there have been so few of them. Maybe it is because I have been thinking so much about vomiting or maybe I just didn't have enough practice. Because if these past few years are any indication by the time I'm 33, I might be vomiting at least once a month. By the time I'm 40, every week.
You see I vomited this morning. For the second time in two months, and in the same location too. (This has never happened before.) At the YMCA swimming pool, I made it to the men's bathroom and this time most of it wound up in or on the toilet, but unfortunately it wasn't all clear liquid like the last time. The piece of rye toast I ate right before swimming might been a little too stale.
I vomited twice in my twenties. Year 20 and 29. And twice in my thirtieth year and once already in less than a month of being 31.

It's been a weird and good week for me. I haven't seen a friend that I've known before since I got back from Philly last night. But I met some fun girls at a jdate party at a local bar and I'll call one of them tomorrow. I'm not holding my breathe, we will see. (but it will be good if she answers the phone when I call her). There was another real hottie there, that I didn't get a chance to talk to her . (she was always with a guy). maybe some other time.

Tonight I went to trivia. It was a hopeless cause. I sent out an e-mail to twenty people and two people RSVP. one can't come, but as a friend, he tells me so. and the other one? well I guess I told him, he shouldn't come as he was telling me he was sick with a sore throat.
But it worked out. This night, someone actually wanted a free agent. A bunch of FOOC (fresh out of college) Duke and Yale grads let me play on their team. They happened to be younger, and younger than they looked. I guess younger people are more likely to want to increase their number of friends or to just be nice.

My theme is this week, or is it this year, is just keep faith and things will work out. You could think about it from a philosophical principle, always keep your head up, because until you aren't breathing (for a period of at least ten minutes, more if you are in frigid water), you're always in the game. There are always more opportunities, even if you just missed a great one, another one will come along. To a religious principle, g-d has a plan, don't worry if you don't understand it now, or have just been royally screwed. It's part of a master plan, don't lose faith. keep your head up, ready for your next opportunity, because until you are not functioning there is always more.

I talked about the Brazilian girls I wound up living with, right? Things just work out. I really want your comment for this. Do you agree? Am I wrong, things don't work out, they just suck? G-d might have a plan. it just doesn't include me (you)?
There comes a time in your life, where if you don't pull through it's over? Well, look at Al Gore, if you need some inspiration. He lost the election to W.. Whose the better man, now?)

No comments: