07 February 2007

Why writers drink


First I want to apologize for those waiting for the continuation of my series of vomit stories. We will get back to them, I promise. I figured out why I haven't been writing. It's not because I don't have interesting stories. A lot has happened, my housemate's girlfriend car got stolen twice. The &*$*%$ security guard at the airport stole my toothpaste. I just haven't felt in the mood. What I mean by that is I haven't been drinking.

Drinking is an inhibitor-reducer, it allows people to sleep with people they wouldn't let themselves sleep with when they are sober or marry people they woudn't marry sober. It allows writers to release their inhibitors so the words flow without second thoughts. Of course the problem is when you like drinking too much, then you have a problem, which I think a lot of writers have. I don't. I have my master's swim team and a book club. I feel like I become a pretty dull person when drinking anyways. For example, whenever I drink I don't think about sleeping with anyone, I just can't wait to get home and write.
So here I am passing up a ménage à trois with two beautiful Swedish twins to go home and write. Ok, so they weren't really twins and I didn't really have a chance with them. I could have tried.

No comments: