12 February 2007

When things come out the wrong end-Part Two


When I left off my series, I mentioned an episode that started at Burger King. I lead a pretty uneventful life and don't remember anything passing out the wrong end, until I was a senior in high school. My mom and dad would be proud, I was a very controlled drinker when I was young. Never having more than two or three drinks at any of the parties I went to in high school. Never getting in a car with a drunk driver and shrewedly avoiding the cops that invariably broke up our suburban high school parties. One time hiding discretely behind some bushes, when the cops came, while others ran all the way to 7-11 and those that stayed got written up and had their parents called. So if alcohol rarely or never causes you to vomit, what does?

So genius here, took the SATs three times before he got it right. This event happened the night before I took the SATs for the third time. The night before the SAT and my final high school water polo game, it was an afternoon game, my friend invited me on a double date. My philosophy in high school was to go out every weekend night regardless of whether or not I had important stuff the next day. Don't get me wrong, there where a lot of weekend nights I stayed at home. Which is why when I had plans I always went.

So my friend had conned two freshman girls to go out with us seniors. We went to the carnival that was in the Pleasant Hill movie theatre parking lot. I ate some food at the carnival, maybe a burger or something I don't quite remember. And I was wearing my green Pomona sweatshirt. So being a carnival, we of course, had to go on the rides. First is a "Revolution"- like ride, where two capsules swing in vertical circles. So you are upside down for a few seconds at one hundred and fifty feet or so. It was really fun. Then we went on the gravity inducing spin, where it spins horizontally to the ground, until you are pushed against the wall and up it, by centrifugal force. So far, having a blast. Enjoying the girls, having a good time.

I don't remember that I just ate and everything is going fine. We decide to go on the Ferris Wheel, the wimpiest ride around. Invented for the Chicago's World Fair in 1893. Use to be such a cool thing when it first came out, read "Devil in the White City" if you want to find more things invent for that Chicago's World Fair.

So here I am alone with one of the girls, a brunette. I don't remember her name. Things were going fine at first, the Ferris Wheel would stop every few seconds to let someone on.

Then all on a sudden I started feeling sick. The wheel started going backwards. I knew I was losing it. First the vomit comes up to my mouth and I swallow it back down. I was debating whether it was better to throw up over the edge of the seat and take a chance of getting my ass kicked by someone that I hit, or throwing up in the seat and getting the vomit on me and my "date". I decided to throw up next to me, (and away from the girl) in the seat. My green sweat shirt was covered in vomit. The vomit slowly began to spread towards my date's side of the seat. Then the conductor of the Ferris Wheel gave me the look of disgust, as he stopped the ride to let me out. I think he would have preferred for me to throw up over the edge of the seat, rather than having to clean it all up off the seat. For those curious, it was particularly pink.

That pretty much ended the date with that girl. I don't think I ever saw her again. She asked me if I was alright, and I said yes. So I drove home, leaving my friend alone with two hot freshman girls. I went right to sleep when I got home and actually did finally do my best on the SAT. But then later that day, I let Mike Avery score the first goal in my team's loss to Acalanes in the third place game. It was also the only game I started of my entire four-year water polo career. I did win some coaches award at the end of the season.

This concludes Part Two of our four part series. When things come out the wrong end. Part Three to come out later this week.

No comments: