29 January 2010

My friends visit


I have been out of sorts a little bit. I was sick, then I was in Indiana, now my back hurts, and I've lost my voice. but I am feeling better. My friend, D, visited me right when I got back from Indiana and that was a mistake. It was nice to see him, but I was tired and he was episodotic. (he is now in the hospital doing a drug study and getting paid hundreds as oppose to having to pay thousands, if he just was a regular patients). But it was really interesting being with him and seeing how much fun he had.


My friend, just has a way of talking to strangers. He brought a bunch of homeless kids pizza. (So they could spend their money on drugs, I presume. It is berkeley after all). We were at the coffee shop and he starts a conversation with a homeless native american guy and really connects with him. I felt sorry that we were going to a warm house and this guy is looking for the best place to sleep not sure he could sneak on BART and sleep in a train or something.


after the coffee shop, we were taking BART back home and we had 15 minutes tell the next train. I was discouraged, but my friend said, no, let's talk to someone, people are lonely. so while I was pretending not to notice my friend, he went up to a cool looking guy, starting a conversation with him. at first the guy was like, what do you want? but after realizing my friend just wanted to connect, he engaged in the conversation. and then once it was "safe" I joined in. a little. I think my friend talked to like 8 or 9 different strangers over his stay with me. and his illusions of the world fit right in with the disillusionment of Berkeley. He would say, "the man is out to get you and me." and the Berkeley locals would say, "yes, he is". although my friend meant it literally. and I am guessing both of the groups have no idea of who or what the "man" really is.


but, I'll volunteer for the position, if no one else wants it. I'll be the man. you can blame me for your problems. I can take it. and if you tell me your woes, I'm pretty bright and have been around the block (a few times). maybe I can help you to help yourself, so you will stop blaming me for your problems. but I understand, I could solve your problems, I just choose not to, most of the time.


so even though my back hurts, I have a cold, and I canceled a trip to LA this weekend, I am good.


thanks to anonymous for increasing our website visits and for giving us such legitimate and scrupulous opportunities to increase our wealth. you were anonymous, because you didn't want the credit for the mitzvah, which is even more honorable.

: - ).


Cheers (as swimmer A-Train would say)

GCNOF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Jamie said...

Interesting post. Your friend sounds like a real character. I hope his stay helps him. What is the picture?